Friday, November 18, 2011

Places I'd like to sit 1

This is both the start of a new string and an explanation for my absence from my blogs for a while.

I have always loved chairs and their promise of comfort. From a simple stool to an elaborate office chair (appliance?) they all offer you relief from standing with a free lap thrown in. I often photograph them just because of this and often because their shapes and designs vary so much. So, now you'll get to share.

I have been away due to wee health issues. Once back from France I went back to my exercise routine. I always monitor my heart rate while working out. Three weeks ago I noticed my HR would not go over 100 while I was doing cardio that should have had it at about 120. Then it dropped to 31 while I drove.

Two doctor visits later I was in hospital for a heart ablation to correct an atrial flutter. It went very well and I was home for three days and developed some major hip pain that sent me back in. The upshot is that I have a hematoma in my thigh that I am slowly reabsorbing. This has kept me away from adding to the blogs and from taking new pictures. I will work my way back in the following weeks.

This is one of my favorite chairs. It's uglier than a mud fence and is only marginally comfortable, but sits backed up to a west facing window and is the perfect place to read or look at photographs. I won't have access to it as it sits where we put up our Christmas tree every year. But, come January.................

6 comments:

Martina said...

I am sorry to read all this, I hope everything is okay right now. I know I am late with my comment :-S.

I am wondering what's there in the background .. hens? chickens? the turkeys waiting for Thanksgiving?

James Weekes said...

Hi Martina.
You see what happens when you go fishing:-)) Actually what happened is that my heartbeat got quite slow. I wear a monitor when I exercise and noticed it. I went to my doctor, and, two EKGs later I was in hospital for Atrial flutter, a rhythm problem. They went in and cauterized the sending area of my heart to even it out. That part worked, I think, more tests to come. The kicker was that I had a bit of bleeding into my leg muscles that caused a lot of pain. Went back in and had it diagnosed and now am home for the second week. The pain is 98% gone and my leg is loosening up very nicely. I do a stress test today on a treadmill to see how it's all working.

Those are wooden chickens in the background. I collect chickens as I love to watch them. As to Thanksgiving, I live with two vegans and my other daughter, a vegetarian, visited for the holiday. So, we had a Celebration Roast, made of seitan. As turkey has almost no flavor this little vegan roast was perfect as it had the texture right. My girls made gravy, potatoes and the rest of the meal and we had a great time. No wooden chickens were harmed to make the meal!

Martina said...

Oii - with these trackbacks there are two options: I delete your blog from my blogroll or you de-activate the trackbacks .... I feel like a blog-spammer with this ...

However, okay, so - what I got from your postings is you are walking and doing things (i.e. taking photos) at the beach again. Fine! :-) Take care!

James Weekes said...

I don't even know what a track back is. How do I eliminate or turn it off?

James Weekes said...

Do you mean backlinks? I turned them off on this blog to test.

Martina said...

Yes. Backlinks, trackbacks, whatever, ;-). They have a issue with blogrolls. Your blog is in my blogroll, so it is kind of linked by my blog every second of the day, ;-). Therefore hundreds of links of my blog under your posts.
Technology running amok.