Saturday, September 13, 2014

Millbrae colors.

When we go to Millbrae I am presented with totally different light and shapes. My sister-in-law lives on a street in Millbrae, lined with cottages and small houses. There is a line of sycamores on both sides of the narrow street that greatly resemble the plane trees that line so many French allees in Provence. With the crystal clear, humidity-free air and a sun that is getting lower in the sky, I had all kinds of new light to play with. This is the polar opposite of the flat light that Carl Weese loves. The colors are rich in this light, unlike Florida, where the haze/humidity makes the colors more pastel.

Having said this, most of the pictures from our last visit are looking better to me in black and white.  This shot demanded color because of the flowers.

2 comments:

H.O said...

very beautiful.

James Weekes said...

Thank you. I love your website.